Dad runs race while carrying daughter with cerebral palsy (have the tissues ready)

August 22, 2012

This gives me a lump in my throat every time I see it – a pic of dad Rick van Beek and his daughter, Maddy, who cannot walk or talk due to cerebral palsy.
Rick has run over 70 races with Maddy because she enjoys is the outdoors. Here they are recently running a triathlon in Michigan.

“She is my heart and I am her legs, though someday she might not physically be able to be there with me, she will always be in my heart, quietly cheering me on.” — Rick van Beek

• NickiD

Beautiful and heartbreaking x

August 22, 2012 at 6:45 am Reply
  • Michelle Gross

Some people would call Rick van Beek an exceptional dad or human being and what touches me most, is that he is just being himself and expressing himself in the best way he knows how.

What a profound experience this relationship this must be for both father and daughter!

So heart -warming!

August 22, 2012 at 6:49 am Reply
  • Michelle Gross

Hi Tanya

Just realised that I know a very similar mom in the UK – Adele Hamilton. Her daughter Shannon has Cerebral Palsy and some other complications. Adele is also a great runner and does so for charity and raising awareness.

The link for her daughter’s webpage is :http://www.facebook.com/pages/Princess-Shannons-Diary/107962222571409?sk=info#!/pages/Princess-Shannons-Diary/107962222571409

I have been in contact with Adele for maybe 2 years after seeing her on one of the UK episodes of Secret Millionaire. Adele and her family were featured in an episode and were recipients of a trip to Miami so that Shannon could go swim with the dolphins -an experience her mom wanted her to have so desperatly.

xx

August 22, 2012 at 7:05 am Reply
    • Tanya

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a great story. Will check it out. Tnx again 🙂

August 22, 2012 at 7:08 am Reply
  • Brigitta Ellis-Nel

Such an amazing man and an inspiring story – Thanks so much for sharing this one 😉

August 22, 2012 at 8:15 am Reply
  • Samuel Rehmer

Spanking New Inspirations Of nfl jerseys Never Before Exposed

August 18, 2013 at 8:12 pm Reply
  • Harriet Tubman Slave Sex Tape

Watch Harriet Tubman Slave Sex Tape !!!
    Click Here