A few months ago I wrote about the world-renowned LEGO exhibition, The Art of the Brick coming to SA, and after seeing everyone’s amazing pictures from the Cape Town exhibition, I’m ecstatic that it’s now in Joburg, from this Friday (April 3), at The Zone at Rosebank.
As a treat to all LEGO lovers, I’m giving away a double set of tickets each to two readers, to see the exhibition, which will run until the beginning of August.
More about The Art of the Brick
- The exhibition has 75 sculptures, and needed more than 1 million LEGO bricks.
- Hailed by CNN, The Art of the Brick is “one of the Top 10 Must See Global Exhibitions”.
- The Art of The Brick has attracted millions of visitors worldwide in the US, Europe, Australia, Asia and now South Africa.
- The creations have been done by New York-based artist Nathan Sawaya, who traded his law career for plastic blocks. His sculptures have no glue, paint or support – they are simply built. He uses the same LEGO pieces in the same colours, sizes and shapes that one would find in a toy shop.
- You can expect structures such as a 20-foot-long T Rex dinosaur skeleton and a giant LEGO skull. You will also find Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, Van Gogh’s Starry Night and the Venus de Milo.
- The exhibition will also video interviews with Nathan Sawaya, a PlayStation gaming area featuring LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, a LEGO building zone and other fun activities.
- Tickets to the exhibition are available either online at www.computicket.co.za or at the exhibition box office. Tickets cost R140 for adults and R95 for kids under 18. Entry for kids under two is free.
- For more information, find The Art of the Brick on Facebook and Twitter @BrickmanZA, or follow Nathan on Instagram. You can also find more info on their website
To enter to win tickets
Simply comment below and you’ll go into the draw. The giveaway closes on Friday April 3 at 9am. The two winners will be announced on the 3rd on the Rattle and Mum Facebook page, and then emailed.