It's National Fresh Breath Week this week (I definitely learn something new every day), and Sunstar GUM is giving away a Love2Smile dental health hamper here worth more than R550.
Nationally, Sunstar GUM is giving away a professional tooth whitening treatment worth up to R5 000. To enter, simply buy any Sunstar GUM product carrying the Love2Smile sticker (from Dis-Chem, Clicks or participating pharmacies) and follow the instructions on pack. For info www.facebook.com/ivohealth.
For Ratltle and Mum, the prize hamper will include toothpaste, mouth rinse, floss, toothbrush, Soft-Picks, Easy-Flossers, Automatic Flosbrush, cosmetic bag and cotton wash cloth.
To enter to win
Simply comment below, and you'll go into the draw to win. Entries close on Friday 12 February at 9am, after which the winner will be announced on the Rattle and Mum Facebook page, and then emailed. This giveaway is open to South African residents only, and prizes aren't transferable.
Good to know: how to get rid of bad breath
Although bad breath is rarely the sign of a serious illness, it can damange self-confidence, romance, relationships; even career prospects. However, it's not always easy to avoid – up to 90% of people experience halitosis at some point and about one in four have a chronic problem.
In most cases bad breath can be prevented with an effective at-home oral care routine. This national Fresh Breath Week (7 to 13 February) IVOhealth’s oral hygiene expert Dirna Grobbelaar shares her good-breath advice:
- About 80 to 90% of bad breath comes from poor oral hygiene. Brushing correctly, cleaning the tongue and interdental cleaning are key for fresh breath confidence that comes from a super-clean mouth.
- When plaque and food debris break down in the mouth they release foul odours, cause irritation and disease. An effective daily oral care routine should remove this bacteria from the teeth, gums and tongue.
- Brushing correctly means two minutes, twice a day. Use a soft brush and fluoride toothpaste and slightly angle the brush to reach just under the gum line as well as the tooth surface.
- The mouth isn’t clean until it’s clean in-between. If floss is not your style choose an alternative. Sunstar GUM has the widest range of interdental tools in South Africa, with everything from tiny brushes and floss handles to high-tech toothpicks with built-in fluoride.
- The tongue can be another hiding place for the baddies that cause bad breath. Gently scrape the tongue on a daily basis then gargle with alcohol-free mouthwash for extra fresh-breath confidence.
- Get a professional cleaning with your oral hygienist every six months and an annual check-up with the dentist.