I'm not one of those moms who loves planning parties as they stress me out a bit, but there's a mother who loves coordinating parties so much that she did a Stikeez one for her colleague's six-year-old son Nicholas. The wonder mom who loves party planning is Amy Westerman, who is a mother to two, works full time, has a charity, The Grace Factory, and pulls off great bashes (her daughter Erin's Monsters Inc party will be featured here soon). For this party, she was helped by Sam Currie, owner of The Celebration Company.
Amy's party-planning tips:
- Create different levels, bring in some height, your table mustn’t look flat
- If on a tight budget – balloons are great, only cost around R6 each for helium balloon at Party spot
- Use only the colours you chose for your party
- Water – great alternative to juice/ gas colddrink. Kids get so thirsty at parties and get enough sugar in from all the other treats – opt for water
- Use recycled glass jars – try and save the planet
Photography: Catherine Scott Photography
Fondant figurines: Karien
Stikeez artwork: Designed by freelance graphic designer Natasha Westerman
Would you like to have your party featured here? Please comment below, or email me here.