I'm sure you've seen them do the rounds or have maybe even bought into them yourself – subscription boxes, whether they're toys, beauty products or health products that are good for the first time or two, and then they lose their flavour because the quality slips, or you're just bored with the products, or else the offering isn't really good.
Many don't last very long, and if time is an indicator of a good service and box, then it's MySmartkid, who have been around since 2014. Not only this, but their offering is slick and professional and the online experience and products don't feel second-rate, nor will you likely toss anything out the box that you don't like.
Here are 15 reasons to join this Early Childhood Development programme, and give your child a smart start (they also have a pregnancy box – read more about it here).
1. When you join Mysmartkid, you get two free welcome gifts – a kiddies’ backpack worth R175 and an Early Childhood Development handbook for parents.
2. For only R345 every two months, your little one gets a Smartbox filled with age-appropriate toys, educational products and tailor-made information and activities.
3. MySmartKid offers a full Afrikaans programme, MySlimkind. Members receive all communication, guides, activities, books and toys in Afrikaans. Click here to visit www.myslimkind.com for more on this programme.
4. It's the only programme of its kind with a dedicated panel of experts to guide you through all developmental areas from pregnancy until your munchkin goes to primary school!
5. They have an expert team consists of an educational psychologist, counselling psychologist, speech and language therapist, occupational therapist, art psychotherapist, dietician and specialist midwifery practitioner .
6. The programme is based on the South African Department of Education's National Curriculum Framework for ECD.
7. MySmartkid address your child's emotional, physical, cognitive and social development with six developmental areas – Wellbeing & Nutrition, Identity, Creativity, Concepts, Communication and My World.
8. Each Smartbox also contains a full-colour parent guide which explains the purpose of the contents of the box with great ideas and fun activities.
9. They send you a monthly email newsletter with helpful tips and advice from our panel of experts.
10. You get weekly emails with suggestions for activities and additional educational toys.
11. Members get instant access to exclusive articles, informative blogs, age-appropriate activities and downloads on our website.
12. Get exclusive Member-only discounts in the Mysmartkid online shop.
13. They offer three different delivery options so you can make a choice that suits your needs and your pocket. Choose between PostNet, Pargo at convenience stores and a door-to-door economy courier service. Capetonian members can fetch from the offices in town.
14. You can choose from two convenient payment options – credit card or debit order.
15. They take the guesswork out of choosing age-appropriate tools.
This post was written in partnership with MySmartkid.