I missed the media launch last week, but was excited to see – and wanted to share – what Johnson's Baby is up to now. Their event was to announce the Johnson’s Baby Healthy Skin Project, in partnership with Unjani Clinics, which basically is helping babies in need.
Unjani is an initiative that aims to strengthen health systems in low-income communities throughout South Africa by empowering community nurses to own and operate their very own clinic within their community. There are currently 30 Unjani clinics in South Africa, which give thousands of poor mothers and babies in poverty access to treatment.
Here's what Johnson's Baby are up to, as part of the campaign:
- Giving thousands of mothers and babies in need access to treatment at the Unjani clinics;
- Educating moms about skin health for babies – through a mass awareness campaign that aims to improve overall health through better skin health for babies;
- Strenghtening health systems in vulnerable districts by investing in Unjani clinics, contributing to the establishment of new Unjani clinics and providing training and resources for Unjani nurses;
- Working with dermatologists and healthcare influencers to educate parents on how to attain healthy skin for healthier babies;
- Sponsoring Johnson's Baby products and educational material to improve skin health for babies in need.
I'm looking forward to seeing the results, and watching how Johnson's Baby will literally touch the lives of moms and their babies.