Want to be able to see where your young kids are, contact them, and even have them contact you without the expense of getting them a smartphone? Then you'll love this week's giveaway of a MyKi GPS watch, currently available in South Africa through Vodacom – either on a bundle plan (eg Flexi110 contract for R129 PM X24 giving R110 of value in voice, data or SMS monthly), or on prepaid for R2 699.
This is what you can expect from the MyKi watch, which has an incredible range of features (more than many types of GPS watches):
- It allows you to communicate and monitor the location of your child via the MyKi Watch mobile app.
- Through the app you can exchange voice with and send text messages to the watch.
- The app also allows you to monitor statistics of the activity of your child – number of steps, distance, calories burned, quality of sleep.
- You can immediately see where your child is and what the status of the watch is.
- The app keeps the history of watch location and motion for 30 days. The information is updated every two minutes.
- MyKi can receive and make calls only from/to numbers that are authorised by the parents (which means that kids can't accept calls from strangers)
- The watch allows you to set secure zones in advance. If your child leaves or enters these zones, you will immediately receive information.
- In case your child needs you, they can press the SOS button. The coordinates are then sent and an immediate call is made to the parents.
To enter to win
Simply comment below, mention what feature appeals to you the most, and why, and your name will go into the draw. This giveaway closes on Friday 17 November at 9am, after which the winner will be announced on the Rattle and Mum Facebook page, and then emailed.
Please note that this giveaway is open to South African residents only, and the prize cannot be exchanged for cash.