11 annoying things moms say to other moms…

March 9, 2018

Other moms are generally awesome and supportive, have your back, and will try build you up. But then there are some who might not always mean to irritate you or hurt you, but they end up doing just that (there are some though who use the innocuous words to make you feel lousy. Here are some of the things I’ve been irritated by before… what have yours been?

• “When are you due?” (when you’re not even pregnant)
  • “My baby slept through from six weeks”
  • “I found it easy to latch, breastfed for two years”
  • “I have no stretchmarks”
  • “I’m so lucky – I lost all my weight after I had my child”
  • “I only feed my child organic, sugar-free and preservative-free. And he just loves kale, broccoli and quinoa”
  • “My toddler has never had a tantrum in public”
  • “Sorry – we’re so busy this week and have no time for playdates. Between the piano, Mandarin and chess lessons, we’re just swamped”
  • “My husband is so hands on – he does all the night feeds (with my expressed milk)”
  • “You have no idea how tired I am”
  • “I’m so busy – I went to gym, then to have my hair done, and now I’m at the shops looking for a pair of black heels”

Feature image via Shutterstock

• Nooraan

Lol 😂😂 I think I’m guilty of one of these. I won’t say which because now I know better!

March 9, 2018 at 7:31 am Reply
  • Rene

I always tell people my first child slept through at 6 weeks…but I always add then my second child came and slept through for the first time at 3 years old

March 9, 2018 at 8:39 am Reply
  • Heather

Love this Tanya! Enough to make you feel inadequate!

March 9, 2018 at 6:45 pm Reply
  • Lorna

We should make a board game, Mom today are so judge mental of each other and always looking for a way to better than you! I am who I am, my circumstances may be different to yours. The worst I ever got was;” if you can’t have your child naturally you shouldn’t have one”! I know I’m doing the best I can and it’s good enough for me.?

March 9, 2018 at 7:53 pm Reply
  • Stephanie

Yep nothing like some of those to make you feel inadequate

March 10, 2018 at 3:47 am Reply
  • MrsFF

Lol… thankfully I can actually say I am not guilty of any of these. I couldn’t breast feed my child, and I had my child by CS ( like I joke with friends no one is going to ask my child if she got cut out of my tummy or cane out the vjayvjay) And I am never too busy to make plans with friends. And I have a husband who works crazy hours and travels a lot I sometimes feel like a single married mother 😂😂

The one question that used to annoy me though was you’ve been married for donkey years when do you plan to start having kids, and after kid 1, it was always when are you going to have a second one you are not getting younger and you know you shouldn’t have too big a gap!!! Worst things to say to anything much less someone battling infertility 🙁

March 10, 2018 at 5:39 am Reply