Two weeks ago I featured the 6th birthday party with a Stikeez theme that Amy Westerman organised for her colleague's son, and this week I'm featuring her daughter Erin's gorgeous Monsters Inc party.
The cake and cupcakes are among my favourites here…
Amy's party-planning tips:
- Have a plan b with regards to weather. Our party was the coldest day of 2015 and the whole party moved to inside my house.
- Have enough savoury food for the adults, I made this mistake, my sushi was finished within the first 10 minutes.
- Give the parents an empty gift bag as a party pack. Let them chose which sweets their kids can take home. This way the parents control the level of sweet treats the children consume (and the party host cannot be blamed for a sweet high).
- If you have a professional photographer, ask him/ her to take a pic of each family. Send the pic to the family afterwards together with a thank you note (thanking them for coming and for the gift).
- ]If your kid has enough toys/ stuff, ask the parents to donate to a charity instead.
- Photography: Catherine Scott Photography
- Cake and cupcakes – Candice, Pastry Angel
- Mike and Sulley drawings – Natasha Westerman