When I was pregnant for the first time, I had morning (afternoon and evening) sickness for around 24 weeks, but at least I could look forward to thick hair, they said. True, thicker hair is usually one of the benefits of pregnancy, but in my case, along with the rare few others who experience, I lost my hair. I didn't have bald patches, thankfully, but my hair was definitely thinner, and the only thing that gained volume was my waistline.
Losing hair after giving birth is common though, and I often read frustrated posts on parenting boards from moms going through this. The loss occurs because after you give birth, your estrogen levels dive and a lot more hair follicles enter the resting stage, after which the hair falls out.
Stress hormones are also believed to cause hair loss, but according to experts, it's not a bad day or night that can cause this, but rather something ongoing that raises the levels of stress levels significantly.
If you're battling with hair loss, or just want to support your scalp to maintain healthy hair growth, Vigro 3-step-system can help. A reminder that Vigro shouldn’t be used while you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. The active ingredients can help you get back to being you quicker, by cleansing your hair, strengthening weakened hair follicles and reactivating hair cells to promote healthy hair growth, and it can easily replace your current hair-washing routine.
The active ingredients in the Vigro®3-Step System can assist the scalp with non-genetic hair thinning by cleaning and opening the hair shaft preparing the scalp for penetration of the actives, as well as assisting hair follicles to reduce hair thinning through the active ingredient Follicusan™ (topical products).* The Vigro® 3-Step System also provides a combination of vitamins and minerals needed for healthy hair growth.*
Vigro also has some short-term solution tips on how to make your hair look thicker, if you are shedding:
- Cut heavy bangs: by adding this extra hair against your face, your hair will look thicker than it is. Take it a step further, and colour the under-layer of the fringe two shades darker and your bangs will look thicker.
- Outward facing waves: when you create waves during styling, have them face outwards instead of towards your face as this will give your hair the extra-volume you are looking for.
- Love the curl: if you are sporting a short/medium hair style, think about adding some bounce with a curl. Gone are the days of the frizzy perm, but by adding a few large rollers to your hair styling regime you can create a fuller look.
- Don’t grow your hair too long: with shorter hair it is easier to create volume, whereas long hair can weigh down your hair and lose any volume you are trying to create.
- Blow-dry your hair correctly: how you blow-dry your hair impacts the way your hair is styled. Flip your hair forward and dry the underneath of your hair until it is no longer damp. Flip it back over and blow dry in sections with a large round brush to create volume.
* Efficacy of support may vary between users. Consult a medical practitioner for a diagnosis or if symptoms persist. Use as indicated. Vigro®3-Step System is not indicated for genetic hair loss.
For more information visit www.vigro.co.za or call the customer care centre on 0860 628482 (NATIVA). The product is available for online purchase at http://www.nativa.co.za/products/category/vigro/, and in chemists.
Version number: YOVIG030/01