Checkers is filling a big'ish gap with the introduction of Oh My Goodness!, great convenience meals for kids that are tasty and tick the health boxes. They're free of MSG, added sugar and salt, and contain no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. They contain locally sourced veggies and free range chicken and beef.
To add to these plus factors, the range was developed by chef Gordon Ramsay and his daughter Matilda. Apparently, these meals were approved by more than 200 kids and their moms – or 202 if you're counting my son and me, who enjoyed them.
There are currently five meals in the Oh My Goodness! range, and each costs R29.99. They take just two minutes to prepare in the microwave.
The range includes:
- Beefy Cottage Pie – free range beef mince topped with buttery sweet potato mash (our favourite)
- Chicken, Bacon & Corn Pie – free range chicken breast pieces with bacon & sweetcorn in a cheese sauce topped with sweet potato mash
- Cheesy Macaroni – creamy, cheesy cauliflower sauce with macaroni, topped with cheddar
- Cheesy Chicken, Rice & Veg – free range chicken breast pieces in a cheesy sauce with broccoli, corn & nutty brown rice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise – free range beefy bolognaise sauce with whole-wheat spaghetti, topped with cheddar
But wait, there's even more good news… Checkers has added at Taste Guarantee to the meals: if kids don't like the taste, Checkers will refund the purchase.
The meals are currently on shelf. Let me know if you try them, and what you and your kids think.