This week, I’m giving away a fantastic educational toy from Prima Toys, the Rubik’s Cube bear. It’s an ideal puzzle for problem solvers from the age of six. The cute twistable bear is easy to grip and turn. Kids can twist the blocks to create a funny mixed-up animal, or solve it with relatively few combinations. It’s a brilliant introduction to the Rubik’s range, and excellent for fun and development.
You probably know the social and developmental benefits of boardgames, but in an age of tech, I thought I’d include some refresher reasons for unpacking the board, and rolling the die! Chiquita Patrizi, spokesperson for Prima Toys shares the many benefits and reasons for playing games and boardgames.
- You have fun and, as a result, feel good. One of the things that most often happens while we play is that we laugh, at ourselves and with others. As someone once said – “laughing is the best medicine”. Think Anti-Monopoly, Hotel Tycoon and Rummikub.
- It creates good life skills. Playing with them teaches your children fundamental skills such as strategy, being a diplomatic winner and a good loser.
- Memory formation and cognitive skills. Allowing your kids to play a board game helps them practice essential cognitive skills like problem solving. It stimulates complex thought and memory formation, especially if you’re playing games where children need to match a card with another.
- Speed up your responses. Get yourself a game like Rubik’s Speed Cube, Flipside or 20 Questions and you’ll get better at remembering and arriving at the answer or the objective of the game quicker.
- Child development: Boardgames can help with the development of logic and reasoning skills, improve critical thinking and boost spatial reasoning. Encouraging children to play different types of board games can also increase verbal and communication skills, while helping develop attention span and the ability to concentrate for longer periods of time. Games for developing these skills include Twist & Turn, L.O.L. Surprise Game and Minnie Play & Learn Educational Game.
To enter to win
Simply comment below, and your name will be entered into the draw. The giveaway closes on Tuesday 31 July 2018 at 10am, and the winner will be announced thereafter on the Rattle and Mum Facebook page, and then emailed.
Please note that this giveaway is open to South African residents only, and that the prize cannot be exchanged for cash, or anything else in the Prima Toys range.