While I don’t celebrate Christmas, I do love giving gifts, and getting into the festive spirit, which often means pulling crackers at any opportunity, or eating all the cookies.
I was recently sent some cookie decorating sets from Cookie Creative, which are just awesome – I was going to just feature the kits on social media, but realised that they needed their own blog post.
They are brilliant because:
- They can be given as gifts
- They can be used as craft activities for the kids
- They can be eaten (some of them can be used as decorations too)
- They taste really good
- They can make for fun activities at parties – there’s nothing stopping you from using them at grownup parties too, like baby showers!
- They’re a good solution if you want to create something pretty and tasty, but don’t want to work toooooo hard at it
There are lots of kits to choose from for Christmas: gingerbread houses, Christmas cookies and Christmas baubles and more. There range also extends to cookie sets in unicorn, dinosaur, farm animals, mermaids, transport and sea life designs, to name just a few.
Each kit comes with everything you need, and the icing bags come in colours appropriate to the shapes (eg pink and purple for the unicorns, and green, red, white and black for the Christmas cookies). Kits start at R95.
My kids loved decorating these, and I ate most of them! My two-year-old was more interested in licking the icing than making beautiful designs, but she loved the sprinkles and helping her brother with his decorating.
You can order online at Cookie Creative. Seriously, this is one of the best things to stock up on this season, and beyond.