The timing of this post came at a great time – my son was just about to go back to school, it was extremely hot, I wasn’t quite into serious work mode or mood, so we decided to hit the kitchen for a) some fun b) some cooling down and c) to see what we could yield from some flavoured tea from Tea4Kidz.
Laager Tea4Kidz has no caffeine or sugar, is high in vitamin C, and comes in six different flavours, each with its own character to appeal to kids:
- Minki the Monkey’s All-in-One Tea (a blend of Rooibos, Honeybush, and Black Tea)
- Trumpy the Elephant’s Regular Rooibos
- Henry the Hippo’s Rooibos Honeybush Blend
- Rory the Lion’s Strawberry-flavoured Rooibos
- Jabu the Giraffe’s Vanilla Custard-flavoured Rooibos
- Roxy the Rhino’s Peach & Apricot-flavoured Rooibos
Aside from being caffeine-free, rooibos also has no preservatives or colourants, and has antioxidants that can boost immunity. It can help to reduce allergies and inflammation, and the risk of heart disease. There’s also no reason why adults can’t enjoy Tea4Kidz (Tea4Adultz?). The flavours aren’t too sweet – my favourites are Jabu the Giraffe’s Vanilla Custard, and Henry the Hippo’s Rooibos Honeybush Blend.Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free.
This week, you could win a hamper filled with all six variants, plus a stunning eating set, Yorba body products, and a Zoku lolly kit. To enter to win, simply comment on this post, and you’ll be entered into the draw. The giveaway closes on Friday 1 February 2019 at 10am, after which the winner will be announced on Facebook, and then emailed. This giveaway is open to South African residents only.
If you’re after some fun recipes that you can make with Tea4Kidz, here are two that we made – strawberry lollies, and peach and apricot iced tea. There are dozens of recipes on the Tea4Kidz site, plus you’ll also find incredible sweet and savoury ideas using other teas from the Laager stable.
Apple, Peach & Apricot Iced Tea
- 5 Peach & Apricot flavoured Tea4Kidz teabags
- 1 litre of boiled water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 2 trays of ice cubes
- 1 apple, peach and apricot, sliced (optional)
- In a large jug, add in the boiled water and the Peach & Apricot flavoured Tea4Kidz teabags. Let it steep for 5 – 10 minutes, depending on how strong you would like the tea to be.
- Remove the teabags and stir in the apple juice and honey.
- To enjoy right away, add in the freshly sliced fruit and top it up with ice cubes! You can keep it in the fridge for a few days.
6 Tea4Kidz strawberry-flavoured teabags
250g fresh strawberries or 50ml strawberry juice (we used frozen berries)
1 litre boiling water
2 tablespoons honey
Add the teabags to the boiling water, allow to soak, remove after 5min.
Add honey and then let cool.
Slice strawberries and add to cooled rooibos.
Pour mixture into ice lolly mould and leave in freezer overnight.