I admit that I’ve been more busy doing things like eating Easter eggs than blogging here, but I’ve had a bit of a creativity slump (it sounds better when I say sluuuuuuuuuuump because that’s how it feels) in these parts. In my job as a copywriter, editor, social media person and trainer, I’m required to be creative and come up with all the words, which I love. But back here, I’ve been a bit mute.
This blog isn’t a very personal one – that’s what I leave Dear Max and Rebecca for. But, I’m feeling a bit disconnected with my wonderful readers, and thought I’d unmute myself, and get things rolling here again.
I’m a fan of listicles, so I’m yakking about 10 things that come to mind about my year and what I’ve been up to.
- I’m going to conversational French classes. Last year I did basic French courses throughout the year, but my speaking was my weakest link. I’m not great now either – I think I need more practice and more confidence. I’ll probably do another course next month as I don’t want to lose what I’ve learnt.
2. I’ve been running quite a bit this year, training for Two Oceans Marathon (that’s the 56km) and maybe Comrades (I’m thinking not as I’m not sure I have the willingness and mental fortitude this year, but we’ll see. I did enter, just in case).
3. I always tweet about my love of white Easter eggs, but I don’t think I will get to my goal weight until these evil-amazing oval goodies are out my life, aka off the shelves.
4. My kids thank Gd are doing great. No hassles this year – they just get on with getting on, and seem to be happy (they’re not fans of the white Easter eggs, which is great for me, I guess).
5. I bought a barely used bottle of Chanel Eau de Tendre via Facebook, and it’s my most-loved fragrance at the moment.
6. I started a CMIYC running group in my ‘hood, and a wonderful bunch of women show up twice a week, and it helps me to get out of bed and go running. I love leading this group, and hoping we can all push through in winter when getting up and about at 6am is not an easy feat.
7. While everyone is counting down the minutes to the next season of Game of Thrones, and re-watching old episodes, I’m tuning into my favourite medical dramas: Greys Anatomy, New Amsterdam, Chicago Med.
8. Each time I tell people I don’t eat avocado, I’m still met with “But why? What’s wrong with you? How can you not love it? It’s delicious” or something to that effect. And I reply with “What is wrong with YOU? How can you love the stuff?”
9. Last week I did a social media training course (as in delivered the course, not received the training). I loved it, and I had a wonderful group. Also, look what one of my promenade runs yielded:
10. I’m trying to save for a trip to Israel in October. But…. my teeth have needed crowns and inlays because they’re worn down from all my teeth grinding at night. I’m getting a mouth guard for when I sleep, and have had work on five teeth. Or, in overseas terms, about two round trips with spending money and some left over for duty free. (I’m not complaining – I still have my teeth, and a really great dentist).
See you all soon!