I love Spotify for listening to music and podcasts, and now there’s an option for kids to get on board, with Spotify Premium Family, which has just launched here.
This is what’s cool about Spotify Premium Family:
- Six family members living under one roof can access up to six Premium accounts for a bundled rate of R99.99.
- All family members get uninterrupted access to more than 50 million tracks, and one million podcast titles through their own individual Spotify Premium account. This means that each member will have a place for their own saved music, podcasts, and playlists, and get Spotify’s recommendations for their individual listening tastes.
- Families can enjoy exclusive access to a personalised playlist with songs the whole family enjoys.
- Parents can control the explicit content filter setting of all their other accounts on their plan (this means no Eminem for my son!).
- Billing users can manage their family’s settings in one place, including adding or removing family members, keeping your home address up to date, and adjusting your parental controls
- There’s a family-friendly playlist of fun podcasts
- There are kid-friendly song playlists
To get started, go to spotify.com/za/family, follow the steps to create your Premium Family account, and invite family members you live with.
If you haven’t tried Premium before, you can get the first month of Spotify Premium Family for free! If you already have a Spotify account, you can switch to Spotify Premium Family by visiting their account page and changing their subscription.
Download the Spotify app via the Android or iOS app store or by heading to www.spotify.com.